Global Location Number (GLN) Registered User
All e-business transactions in Singapore for Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) need to have a GLN for party identification. A GLN is a 13-digit non-significant reference number used in electronic communications to identify organisations and their physical locations.
For distributors who are getting their goods from their suppliers already printed with EAN Barcode symbols, will still need a GLN for the purpose of company identification to conduct e-business transactions between their companies and the retail chains.
The application and annual subscription fees are based on the company's issued capital. All companies applying for GLN Registered User must complete the GIRO application form for GS1 Singapore annual subscription fees. A copy of the inter-bank GIRO application form can be downloaded here.
Company with Issued Capital
(or fixed assets)
Annual Subscription Fee
|Between S$0 to S$249,999 || S$108.00 |
| S$108.00 |
|S$100.00 || S$316.00 |
|From S$250,000 and above || S$324.00 |
| S$324.00 |
| S$300.00 |
| S$948.00 |
- For a company which is already a GS1 Singapore Registered User, the GLN is issued to the company free-of-charge. For more information, please click here for more details.
- Deposit will be refunded upon official resignation as a GS1 Singapore GLN Registered User and nett of outstanding monies owing to GS1 Singapore, if any.
- All companies applying for the GLN Registered User must read the terms and conditions of the GS1 Singapore Grant License Agreement and agree to abide by it.
- The application and subscription fees paid upon joining are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Application for GLN Registered User
If you wish to apply for a GLN, please click on the register button below.
| Category |
|Company with Issued Capital (or fixed assets) ||One-Time Entrance Fee || Annual Registered User Fee |
| Deposit |
|D ||Single 13-digit Barcode* ||S$500.00 ||S$200.00 (per bar code limited up to 5 bar codes) ||S$200.00 x number of bar code applied. || S$700.00 |
- 'Day' refers to business days
- The bank's clearance date is dependable on the payment